Monday, July 16, 2012

Oil, Coffee and Constancy

Yesterday was my mom's birthday so my siblings and I prepared a hearty lunch at home for mom. Had a very fun bonding time with the entire family. Hayyyy, sarap talaga to gather everyone together and just spend it catching up on each other's lives and kulitan with the bulilits.


I really treasure moments spent with my family.


I ate alot during the party that I was craving to end the day with a yummy dessert to cleanse my palate from oil and grease.


The party ended close to midnight but it's a good thing that I was still able to squeeze a dessert and coffee date with someone.  Our original plan was to go to Podium to have coffee and milk at Borough's. But since we were both from QC,  we tried driving around the Timog and West Ave. area and we chanced upon this 24hours coffee shop. The cake we ordered tasted like chalk and the coffee seemed like it was brewed out of rubber. Blech! Haha. But I still had a great night because I was with good company. After that, we had a massage. Twas soooo good that I fell asleep halfway through it. Nagising nalang ako nung tapos na. Hehe. Twas a great way to cap the weekend.


You know how sometimes you get attracted to a person because he reminds you of someone from your past?

Not that I'm not yet over my ex. And don't get me wrong because I am not superficial. Just so happened that this ex was gwapo and nice and this guy I went out with is like a better version of him. Parang iphone - the ex was an iphone4 and this guy's like an iphone4s. Hahahahaha! But anyway, as much as we like spending time together, he's due to go abroad for work so our happy days are numbered. Oh well.


I've been single for quite awhile and am pretty set in my ways pero there are times when I miss having a constant presence in my life. I have a good career that I'm really thankful for but I have moments when I'm so stressed with work that I just want to end the day with a warm hug and good conversation over dinner. And I just want to do it with one special person.


I go out on dates with good men, don't get me wrong (I really have to put this disclaimer just in case one of them finds their way to my blog, haha!). But sometimes I just want to see a constant face amongst the sea of faces. A constant presence. Although I'm a modern woman and I like exploring my options, my inner-Maria Clara is screaming and is looking to settle for just one. The right one. The only one.


I pray and ask God to grant me my most fervent wishes but a great lovelife isn't one of them. Parang feeling ko I would really sound so selfish if I do that because he he has already gifted me with a loving family, great friends and a good career. Asking for a lovelife would be overkill. Lol!


I'm having a really weird day today. It's been such a long time since I've bared my soul in this blog. Anyway, maybe I'm just PMS-ing.




Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments: