Monday, February 14, 2011

My (Anti) Valentines Post

So what if I'm single on Valentines? (without a hint of bitterness. LOL!) Hey, hearts day isn't only for couples, you know! Valentines is about LOVE in general. Love towards your parents, your siblings, your friends, your pets and yeah, your significant other.

I was in Makati around 4am earlier today and I already see alot of people selling and carrying red roses. Awwww, too sweet! :) I'm not really a flowers-and-chocolates kind of girl that's why my exes give me these exact same things during V-day because they can't wait to see the look of horror on my face! Hehehehe! I like receiving personalized, handwritten love letters and cuddles and lots of warm hugs and wet kisses instead.

It's a good thing that I have work tonight that's why I have a reason to not celebrate it. LOL! But seriously, I like V-day because it's that one day in the year when everyone I know turns into one big ball of mush. I like everything mushy and cheesy. I like romance. I like the feeling of being in love. That intoxicating, nauseating feeling.

It doesn't matter if I am single now. I still feel loved although not the nauseating, butterflies-in-my-stomach kind of love. I feel the love of my friends who have been there for me during my tough moments. They are my source of strength.

I feel loved by my family. They have always accepted me and treated me with kindness regardless of my shortcomings. I feel blessed to be surrounded by people who gives without expecting much in return.

I feel loved by the people around me. I am weird most of the time. I have terrible moodswings. But there are people in my life who accepts me and loves me, inspite of.

And to all of you who are reading this post, I feel loved because you never get tired of visiting my blog eventhough I don't get to post much nowadays.

LOVE is undefinable. It's not even quantifiable. So regardless of your definition of what love is, Happy Valentines Day to all of you! :)

P.S. If you are in a relationship, this might be a great day to propose to your significant other!

Get down on one knee.
And repeat after me.
" (Girlfriend's name), will you (hump) marry me?"


The Unpure One,


-=K=-

11 comments:

Marjorie said...

i'm dateless this valentine so i will just have to be happy for those who do. happy heart's day :)

Jag said...

Ampalaya? lolz! Tama ka V-day is not only for couples...it's for ebrebadi hehehe...

Putukan na! lolz!

Happy V-day friend!

grumpyurbanslacker said...

BITTER!! :D

gillboard said...

ganyan ko din kinukumbinse sarili ko dati noong single pa ako

ako nga di magcecelebrate ng vday. just like any other day lang. hehehe

Anonymous said...

hahaha, nice one. happy v-day pa rin! :D

A-del-Valle said...

hahaha puro talaga yan kalokohan yan mga picture mo sa blog lol.. hayuuff yong condom ha pang proposal na ren pala lol hehehe

khantotantra said...

nyahaha. gandang proposal idea yan ah. :D

happy vday ms. k

The Gasoline Dude™ said...

Saan na napunta 'yung mga nagbibigay sa 'yo dati ng warm hugs at wet kisses? Haha. Happy Balentayms! :)

kikilabotz said...

kay happy valentines day sayo. hahaha. maganda ngang pangregalo yan. hahahaha. para kundinahin k ng simbahan..rh bill? nyahaha

Kristeta  (kalokang Pinay) said...

Happy valentine's day to you =)

Sean said...

happy v-day k!