Thursday, January 21, 2010

FAST FACT # 1 : Rubber Matters!

Yes you read it right - Rubber Matters! And we are not talking about rubber duckies here. I am talking about the Love Glove, the Willie Warmer, the Love Sock, the Goalie... Hahaha! If you still don't get it after all the names I have given you, man,  you should go back and re-take Sex Ed 101!


 
I am a safe-sex advocate. I believe in the saying, "If you can't be good, at least be safe".  Safe from unwanted pregnancies and from STDs.  More and more people nowadays, even without entering marital bliss, are having sex. Yes, that's a fact (no pun intended)! In a world where everything's almost digital, the spread of STD is most likely as fast as spreading a Trojan virus on an unsuspecting network. Though we feel less of the velvety sensation when the rubber is on, it is better than knowing later on that you got the clap or the crab from that one night of heated, unprotected passion.

According to Wikipedia:

A condom (pronounced /ˈkɒndəm/ (US) or /ˈkɒndɒm/ (UK)) is a barrier device most commonly used during sexual intercourse to reduce the likelihood of pregnancy and spreading sexually transmitted diseases (STDs—such as gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV). It is put on a man's erect penis and physically blocks ejaculated semen from entering the body of a sexual partner. 



 In the modern age, condoms are most often made from latex, but some are made from other materials such as polyurethane, polyisoprene, or lamb intestine.
 Lamb intestine?! WTF! It is my first time to come across an article saying that there is another material used for condom other than latex! And sheep intestines at that! Wow! This got me interested so I did a little research myself. And by researching, I didn't mean actually having to try how it feels like rubbing against my vajayjay. Hahaha! Duh! I found out that these types of rubbers are more expensive than the ones we usually see in 7-11.  They are more expensive because they provide more sensation BUT it is not a surefire way of blocking STDs because the pores of animal intestines are bigger than latex.  So if I were you, I'd stick with the traditional condoms out in the market.

There are lots of condom variations available nowadays. There's the ribbed, the dotted, the super thin, the bulbhead (haha! I can just picture out how it looks like!), the studded (not with diamonds I hope. Ouch!), the glow-in-the-dark, the flavored ones (I hope they come out with a "Sinigang"or "Adobo" variant because the chocolate and orange flavored rubbers are becoming boring), and a wholeeeeee lot of other fancy-schmancy.

 So better stop reading this post and go buy a condom now! If you can't beat the heat, put on that latex sheet! (Cool rhyme right? LOL!)


Sex advice from the Unpure One,

-=K=-


(Photo Credit: Condom cartoon by Toonpool.com)

4 comments:

sagameem said...

Wow...
nice blog & u're really cool.
Nice sharing.

-=K=- said...

thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Animal intestines have been used as contraceptives for hundreds if not thousands of years, long before rubber was discovered (or was it invented?)...

R.

-=K=- said...

I didnt know that until I wrote about this article. Thanks to Wikipedia! :D Hehe! I hope they didn't use leather or mule skin in the olden days eh? LOL.