Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday

I slept for 10 hours and woke up this morning with a slight headache. Maybe it's because my body has been accustomed to only 4-5 hours of sleep on weekdays, 7 hours if I get lucky. I am a medicine-maniac - I always resort to taking meds even for slightest signs of discomfort. I know it's bad but I really have low tolerance for pain. Emotional pain, I can take big chunks of but headaches or toothaches are different. Hehe.

My mom always reminds me to never take medicine on an empty stomach. Okay fine. But I don't feel like cooking today. I just feel like vegetating. It's a good thing I bought corn in the market yesterday. Because I'm super lazy to cook, might as well eat this corn. At least I don't have to cook it. Just let it simmer in water with salt and I'm all set.

I finished the entire cob and I downed a mefenamic to get rid of the headache. Well, it didn't entirely disappear but it's not as discomforting as it was earlier this morning. Since I am still on my lazy mode, I had rice and tuna flakes for lunch. (Thank you Century Tuna! Haha)

So now, I am back in my bedroom. I opened my window to let a bit of the sunlight in. I sprayed air freshener to jazz up the scent a little. I'm just in bed, reading a novel. It's quiet and relaxing. I haven't showered yet (hahaha!) and I am still in my usual 'pambahay' garb - a comfy cotton shirt and knickers of the So-en kind. Hahaha!

It's moments like this when I appreciate living alone. I like downtimes like this.

Solitude at its best.

I hope you guys are having a great, relaxing weekend too. But I'm hoping that you're having Sunday meals far more decent than corn and tuna! Hehehehe! :)

The Unpure One,


-=K=-

No comments: